translate me!

 

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Perhaps

Brioche. I've been banging a few things around in my head as to what I want to bake next. I feel as if I've been in a bit of a baking slump this past week. The muffins were the last thing I have baked, and that was about a week ago. This is not like me, well, that is to say this is not like me when I'm feeling all chipper and not mentally irregular. I'm guessing the doldrums have got me and I have yet to break free. I will fight them tonight and tomorrow. Fight them with the only weapons I possess! Ok, I admit, a mixer, some baking utensils and a big bunch of baking and cooking books aren't usually considered weapons but I will turn them into such. I have to. If I am unable to break free of the doldrums, they will drag me deeper down into their more powerful cousin, depression. So, I shall put on my armor (in my case, a few sheet pans) pick up my weapons (picture a whisk, a 10" chef's knife, measuring cups and my scale) and I will bake away the doldrums. I shall make some kick-ass baked product to share with others and feel powerful again! MMMmmmmmuuuuahahahahahahahahahhhaaaa! I shall triumph...and if I don't triumph, I will at least have some nice brioche and a few other baked goods to enjoy. :) Baking will commence tomorrow, really it will.

For now, I leave you with some pictures of one of my illnesses. My baking/cooking book case, a few different angles. I really do have a problem :) I will need to add a second case soon. Bear in mind, I left a box or two or three at home when I moved out here! Look for Brioche and a few other things in a day or two!




No comments: