translate me!

 

Monday, August 06, 2007

Sourdough Starter: Quick Update

Dudley the starter is doing well, his feeding will progress today as it has the past few days. Same amounts of flour and bottled water, same discarding half before I stir in the refreshment. The smell of the starter is a nice light sour and the action is quite lively. I'll be feeding him one or two more days, and then I hope to be starting to bake with the starter either mid week or on the weekend. I'll post my sourdough bread baking once I begin...otherwise, feedings will be the same every day!

2 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Thank you once again for posting these. It's quite reassuring to know that you can start one so easily ... and a bit embarrassing, to know that I tortured mine for so long by giving it chlorinated water (although, to be fair, I quit after the first month or so).

Jen the Bread Freak said...

You're most welcome, Davimack. I think quite a few people don't know about bottled water for these. I have gotten some going with city water before, but it doesn't seem to develop as quickly or as nicely. Hopefully you can experiment a bit once you are moved :D.