translate me!

 

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blogathon 2007: Please Sponsor Me!

I recall reading other blogs that were participating in Blogathon in the past and thinking that these people were nuts. Well, this year I'm going to go ahead and add myself to the list of crazy bloggers. I was a bit late signing up (I forgot to put the reminder on my calendar) Beginning at 6:00 AM Pacific time on Saturday July 28th, I will be posting every half hour for 24 hours straight. What would possess me to do this? Well, the opportunity to raise some money for a wonderful charity. I've chosen to blog for First Book. First book is a charity that gives children from low-income families the opportunity to learn to read and to own their first new books. You can get much more information from their website. I could not imagine life without the ability to read. Reading gives you so many different options. You can learn (a new recipe, perhaps?), escape daily life with some neat fiction, read about what is happening in the world around you. Without people learning and loving to read us bloggers would really have no place on the internet. So please join me on Saturday the 28th, tune in for baking posts and photo posts and possible whacky sleep deprived posts. Comments of encouragement will be most welcome. Most importantly, please please please sponsor me at this link. You will have to sign up for an account there, but you can keep your information private, it's free and it's so worth it! It's a great cause and even if you can just give a few bucks, every bit counts. Thanks! See you then!

Banners are thanks to the people here. Thank you!

Oh yes, have I mentioned that you can sponsor this blog here?

Technorati Tags:, , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heylo! It's your lovely monitor for blogathon! Just wanted to drop you a note and say I'll check back here and there tomorrow to make sure you're around and you're holdin in there!

Look forward to reading your blog!

Jen the Bread Freak said...

Hello Padme! Great to know someone will be popping around from time to time! Should be a fun day :D